Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Calcutta Calling.....................


No friends, this is not the title of the latest Balaji K-serial. It is just an arbitrary account of my recent visit to the City of Joy which I felt like sharing with you readers.

I have been longing to visit Kolkata for a long time now but it was only recently that I finally visited this remarkable city. Being the daughter of a naval officer I have had the opportunity to travel to a number of places around the country, thanks to the recurrent transfers, but Kolkata did not feature on the shoreline hence the longing to see this metropolis.


A genial Sardarji acquaintance (my husband met him on a trip to the US last year) was instrumental for it all. He owns a flourishing garment business in Kolkata and it was at his behest that we found ourselves there. We were absolutely overwhelmed by the warm hospitality of this fabulous family (whom we were meeting for the first time). Where else but in India can one come across such large-hearted people, I wondered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The bridge looks amazing in purplish color.. You must be lucky to go so many places with your father..

REENASHWINA